Sunday, January 31, 2010

come on baby, light my fire

so, my very generous family bought me a kindle!! i'm so excited. so far, reading on it has been just lovely. now, all i want to do is sit and read books on my fancy dancy new machine.
the first book i bought was the help, and i've clicked through 20% of the pages already :) (i have no idea what that translates to in paper page numbers.)
i am now opening up the comments section for suggestions of other books i should read. what have you read recently that knocked your socks off?

1 comment:

Miranda J said...

Jess! Congrats on the Kindle. I recommend The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver. I downloaded it on a whim (on my Kindle for iPhone app) and was really blown away by it. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/books/review/Schillinger-t.html