Saturday, June 7, 2008

my boys

Maybe it's my often paralyzing but always palpable nostalgia for Chicago. Maybe it's intense need for having a posse of boy friends. Maybe it's the romantic-comedy sitcom addict in me that needs an outlet pretty regularly. Maybe it's actually a great show. All I can tell you is I just love My Boys.
The episodes are all sweet and funny, the characters are believable and likable, and it all happens in Chicago.In the rerun I just watched, which I can only assume was the season 1 finale, the boys make a list of the things they've never done in Chicago, then spend a day doing a Ferris Bueller. Awesome. There's concurrently a good, exciting, cliffhanger love life plotline that involves a hot botanist (who I did not recognize, but who apparently had recurring roles on both Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Wonder Years), Keith from Scrubs (perfectly cast as a Cubs player), and Jeremy Sisto (whose character in unfortunately and somewhat unbelievably named Thorn). Could you ask for anything more?
I added it to my season passes, even though I will be gone most of the summer. If I do some serious strategy and play my cards right in terms of what I record and what I let go, I will have a lovely August :)

No comments: